||Dr. Reuel Jethro Khoza (31.12.1949)
Reuel is an advocate of a new management and leadership culture based on inclusively, Afrocentricity and Ubuntu. He is an exponent of African-led, globally competitive economics and industries and is a distinguished consultant and lecturer on diverse business topics.
Dr. Reuel Khoza is currently Chairman and major shareholder of Aka Capital (Pty) Limited, an investment holding and private equity company with investments in various industries. He is also the chairman of Nedbank Group Limited and Corobrik (Proprietary) Limited. He is a director of several companies in which Aka Capital is invested, including Nampak Limited and Old Mutual plc.He is the author of Attuned Leadership and Let Africa Lead and is the co-author of The Power of Governance.
Reuel was the founding Chairman of the Nepad Business Foundation (NBF) from 2001 to August 2011. During his tenure as Chairman, he initiated the establishment of the African Leadership Development Programme, which is jointly run by the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) and the NBF. He is Fellow and President of the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa.
Reuel is a Visiting Professor at Rhodes Investec Business School, Rhodes University, former Professor Extraordinaire of the University of Stellenbosch Business School and Chancellor of the University of Limpopo, succeeding former president Nelson Mandela.
- BA Honours (Psychology) (University of the North, RSA) (now University of Limpopo)
- MA (Marketing Management) (University of Lancaster, UK)
- Engineering Doctorate (Business) (University of Warwick, UK)
- Programme for Management Development (Harvard Business School, USA)
- International Programme for Board Members IPBM (IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Doctorate of Laws Honoris Causa (Rhodes University, RSA)
- NAFCOC Milestones: A History of the National African Federated Chamber of Commerce's First 21 Years
- Ubuntu - Botho - Vamunhu Vhutha: A Monography on African Humanism
- The African in My Dream
- The Power of Governance, Co-authored with Mohamed Adam
- Let Africa Lead
- Attuned Leadership
- Aka Capital (Pty) Limited (Executive Chairman)
- Globeleq (Non-executive Chairman)
- Main Street (Non-executive Chairman)
- Platinum Hospitality
- Sasol Oil
- Chancellor of the University of Limpopo, succeeding former president Nelson Mandela
- Visiting Professor at Rhodes Business School, Rhodes University in Grahamstown where he lectures corporate strategy, corporate governance, business leadership and marketing communications
- Former Professor Extra Ordinairé at the University of Stellenbosch Business School, Cape Town where he lectured corporate strategy, corporate governance and business leadership
- Fellow and President of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa
- Director of the Nepad Business Foundation
- Member of the King Committee on Corporate Governance in South Africa
- A Programme Pioneer of “Nelson Mandela – The Champion Within”
- Adjunct Visiting Professor: Wits Business School